Sect of the Horned God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theism is not Satanism

3 posters

Go down

Theism is not Satanism Empty Theism is not Satanism

Post  Mistress Babylon Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 pm

There is a myriad of Satanic groups, divided among themselves, each with a philosophy that for the most part, is compelled to attach themselves to a literal god-head figure. While the Sect of the Horned God is a collection of individuals dedicated to disseminating and expunging ‘faith and belief’ of any kind, there is always a curiosity of those that refer to themselves, confusingly, as Satan Theists. They are a group that strangely enough defines themselves as Satanists, while still firmly tied to the apron strings and ideology of the Christian god. Could they actually be considered Left Hand Path? I think not. Their rebellious entrenchment into the doctrine of the Right Hand Path is apparent by the virtue of the Christian playground they throw sand at each other in. Never leaving this playground, the world beyond the safety net of confession and sacrament remains foreign, and the ability to critical think and question remains a frightening prospect as well as scandalous to the rules of herd mentality.
Theists, divided among themselves, claim their interpretation of Satan predates Yahweh, something I have heard a thousand fucking times, and is based on ancient Samarian or Egyptian gods. But here again is a rebellion ‘within the structure´of the ruling religion in the playground of cultural acceptance and rules. Comparatively, the present day Theist, like his/her ancestors, have ‘chosen’ to rebel against the Christian god or father “within” the parameters of the faith, like a child who wants ice cream for breakfast and is denied. The fact remains, this child “still believes” in a god based largely on fear, mercy and forgiveness. Rebellion to the rules would otherwise be a moot point. The Theist definition of Satan is that which is dictated by the church, present or past, a definition which blatantly refuses to acknowledge the carnal and rational side of human nature as a positive and instinctive aspect concerning historical references to Pan, Cernunous, the HornedGod, etc. Thus¸ an acceptance of the properties and personality of “Satan” are dictated by biblical revelations and expected modes of behavior.
Satan is nothing but a symbol. While the Sect of the Horned God consider themselves Satanists, it is in the realm of smashing faith and belief of any kind, and based on “knowing”. We are our own Gods, and thereby dedicate our pursuits to ourselves, to the Theatre of Life, to relishing in ritual in the most carnal matter, and most importantly, to the pursuit of knowledge.
Mistress Babylon
Mistress Babylon
Owner

http://www.sectofthehornedgod.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Theism is not Satanism Empty Surprised how misunderstood we are

Post  Luciferifilia666 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 pm

My largest issue when explaining my lifestyle or atheistic satanism is that many do not understand it is not a religion ,it’s a philosophy or way of life for me . Because of the rituals and the symbolism within atheistic satanism we’re often categorized by society as a religion but this simply is not true . We are first and foremost atheists which means we don’t believe in any type of deity or an afterlife ,although some atheists do believe that our energy survives the physical death of the body...

The explanation of atheistic satanism is all over the Internet and quite easy to find. The difference between an atheistic satanist and a regular atheist is that we believe in the Dark Doctrine of Entropy (keep in mind with all the individual factors out there this may be seen differently by all). It can at times also be called "Symbolic Satanism". I think with the many videos presented by the Sect that a very good definition has been provided, and yet I still see comments on videos saying "we don't know who we are" or they say they don't understand? Odd. I Guess I am just not sure how on earth one can be so confused or not understand atheistic satanism with all of the information out there...

As a side note, the fact that a label must be added and this label scrutinized is quite odd anyway. It's the meat of the belief and thought form being presented that matters. Not a simply label or name. But there are times when must come up with this, for the sake of those who don't understand or a means to quickly explain when pressed for time.

Luciferifilia666

Back to top Go down

Theism is not Satanism Empty Re: Theism is not Satanism

Post  Mistress Babylon Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:57 pm

"....there are times when must come up with this, for the sake of those who don't understand or a means to quickly explain when pressed for time"

You hit the nail on the head with that statement. All to often, with those unfamiliar with the symbolic side of atheistic Satatinism, you have to hit them quick with a label that they can interpret through their own realm of understanding, and go from there. Lol, it can become a finely tuned art once you've done it enough!
Mistress Babylon
Mistress Babylon
Owner

http://www.sectofthehornedgod.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciferifilia666 Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Exactly! It is like an art. Also, the ancient Sumerian belief system is something I could touch on as well. I enjoy learning about it and it has become part of my studies as of late. But why? Not because I believe there was a god. It's because I am fascinated with the mythology and also the origins of some of these theories as a tool. The history and mythology of ancient Egypt is rich, and can actually help explain many Christian ideals and misconceptions. Intelligence existed then that is mind blowing, and much of the beliefs that modern "Theists" hold about it miss one very important fact. They were using astrology, math, and reason. They were thinking for themselves! Idea

Luciferifilia666

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimi600c Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:02 am

The thing with Satheism isn't so much the claims of authenticity or even the choice of purposely joining the opposite camp within Christian paradigm. In itself, the choice of a theist belief isn't harmful nor unsatanic in the same way certain atheists who do away with saints and gods and replaced these by "atheist" prophets alike Dawkins.

The main problem is the working in the same mythos and associated faith. Reliability and responsibility in this case remain external (distanciated) through apologetic faith and not internal (intimate) which causes a lack of progressive thinking/attitude/mental development. A label, alike Satanism, concerns and resolves around a core meme. The meme itself not being something akin of "thou shalt" but moreover found in individualist nature. Something alike a natural striving of questioning authority, the seeking of extremes in order to explore and understand the self and (and its limits..even pushing beyond them),...

Something, in my opinion, a Satan theist (Satheist) will be unable to do seeing his externalization of responsibility. There can be a grain of rebellion and aspects associated to the core meme(s) Satanism revolves around and embraces, but this externalization will, at some point, hinder the adherent on his/her path or simply invalidates the entire praxis as it is reduced to nothing more but a certain dark eclectist philosophy and not Satanism.

Dimi600c

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down